Since both my husband and I have medical backgrounds (Jim is both a Plastic and General Surgeon, and I am a Pulmonary Clinical Pharmacist), we are taking extra health safety precautions and are following the current guidelines & recommendations very closely to keep both families and teachers as safe as possible.
On a personal note, I have 3 children at the school. Both sets of grandparents live in Atlanta, have regular interactions with our kids, and one of the grandparents is immunocompromised. As a mother, wife, and daughter, I want to keep the risk of transmission as low as possible for everyone.
I would encourage you to come by and see the school, how we’ve designed the classrooms, and we can further address any concerns. Please contact us to schedule a 1-on-1 tour @ 404-777-QUAD (7823).
Here are some of things we have implemented:
- We strongly encourage that all of our students are vaccinated against COVID-19 to reduce the severity, duration, and risk of spreading the virus between students
- We are a test-to-stay program. If your child has been exposed, they need to test the day we learn of the exposure or the next morning before coming to school, and then again at 5 days out from suspected/known exposure. At home testing is sufficient. Students that have been exposed but test negative and do not present with new symptoms can remain in school
- We follow CDC guideline for a positive COVID-19 test. Students can return 5 days after testing positive if they are symptom-free and have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication
- We’re spraying down the classrooms daily with an ionizer and VITAL OXIDE (8.644-292.0), which is EPA Registered for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. It is safe for humans, but deadly against viruses and bacteria
- We follow State immunization guidelines by age and require all children be up-to-date on vaccinations before attending The Quad. This helps keeps the risks of all illnesses lower and helps prevent anything that may masquerade as COVID-19
- We have installed sinks in the classrooms for frequent hand-washing
- We’ve opted to use waterproof silicone mats instead of rugs because they can be easily disinfected daily
- Parents are not permitted to enter the classrooms, but can enter the building. It is our preference that parents do not enter the building to keep new exposures and foot traffic to a minimum
- You’ll notice we have cameras in every room to monitor who enters should the need arise for contact-tracing
- Vendors must show proof of vaccination and are held to the same PPE standards in place for our Staff at all times
- Full-time families will be given 1 week per 12 months to take time off from school without paying tuition for the 2021/2022 school year
- In the event of a shelter-in-place, we do not plan to close the school. We have many families that are healthcare or essential workers that will continue to need childcare
- We are not charging registration fees, and do not require a long-term contract The goal is to give families as much flexibility as possible. A 30-day notice is required to withdraw a child from the school for any reason
- Masks are encouraged for Staff and students at this time (but not required), and should be laundered daily if worn
These plans are fluid and will modified as required by regulatory bodies and shared best practices.
Returning to school is a risk, and you have to make the decision that is best for your family. We hope you’ll trust us to do everything we can to balance safety with the need for your children to return to school and a normal routine.